ABSDA Members are regularly engaged in the Hardware and/or Lumber and Building Materials trade at the retail level, serving customer needs by:
- Supplying and delivering all reasonable orders from their stock of complete product lines;
- Being primarily engaged in the business of selling hardware and/or building materials to retail trade;
- Having suitable retail space to serve the public, complete with adequate signage and showrooms;
- Being open for business during regular business hours;
- Selling primarily first quality lumber and building materials, which meet or exceed local and/or national building code standards.
ABSDA has been offering comprehensive services to the Building Materials industry for many years. These services extend from the retailer to the manufacturer and include all aspects of the Building Materials industry.
Many of the same benefits that are available to a Dealer Member are available to an Associate Member. In addition, special associate member discount rates apply to advertising, mailings and booth rental rates in the annual ABSDA Building Supply Expo.
Additionally, dependents of ABSDA Associate Members in Atlantic Canada may be eligible for the ABSDA Bursary and Scholarship Program.
Associate membership in ABSDA is open to any manufacturer (including manufacturer’s agent), distributor, co-operative purchasing organization (buying group), wholesaler or service firm whose income from business operations in Atlantic Canada is derived primarily from the sale of products or the provision of services to the dealer members of ABSDA in the ordinary course of business and in such a manner that benefits all parties concerned.